Sunday, May 5, 2013

Avocado Orange Salsa Relish

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all. To celebrate, I created a new recipe which I added to our meal of cheese enchiladas, salsa picante, and chips. Since I'm the only one in the house who will eat avocado, I had the salsa relish all to myself. However, I was fine with that. Please feel free to try out the recipe for yourself.

3 avocados
1 orange
½ cup onion
1 jalapeno
¼ cup cilantro
1 cup cooked corn
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt/pepper

Zest the orange and mix with lime juice, chili powder, and cumin. Peel the orange, remove the pith, and chop into small pieces. Chop the onion, jalapeno, and  cilantro, and mix together with corn, orange, lime juice, and spices. Mix together the orange, onion, cilantro, and corn with the lime juice and spices. Coursely chop the avocado and mix into the rest of the ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment